Yeah, I just broke a taboo, deal with it. But the fact of the matter is that behind the scenes to this website, I can see all the search terms viewers type into search engines that lead them to my site. It’s completely anonymous, no doubt, but I can still see them… some are quite entertaining I might add. Anyway, something along the lines of the title of this post, “Can Fat People Do Tough Mudder”, seems to keep popping up on a regular basis. This means there are a lot of people out there that seem to realize they are fat/overweight but have a desire to take part in the great Tough Mudder challenge. This post will answer that question, but more generally will be of help to anyone who is overweight but feels limited as to things they can do.
“Can Fat People Do Tough Mudder?” The answer is, “yes… but”. When I did it, I saw very few overweight people in the challenge. And by very few, I mean probably 10 or so during the 3-4 hours I was out on the course. I saw fat people sitting on the side of course catching a breather, I saw them skipping obstacles, and I saw them entirely drop out of the race… but I also saw them finish. So, like I said above, fat people “can” do Tough Mudder… but that shouldn’t be the question in the first place.
The real question should be, “can I get in shape to do Tough Mudder?” If you are asking the question, “can fat people do Tough Mudder?” Then that means your mentality of yourself is that you are stuck inside your body and are limited to what it can do. It is because of that mentality that you are overweight and always will be… unless you do something about it. If you want to do Tough Mudder, or anything for that matter, you shouldn’t be asking yourself the question based off your current limitations, you should be asking yourself what you can do to change those limitations. In a matter of months, with strict adherance to living healthy and exercising, I can promise you that you can lose 30+ pounds and feel better than ever… WITHOUT using gimmick pills and silly As Seen On TV machines.
For me, personally, I achieve the greatest when I set goals for me that are currently out of my reach. If I commit to something that I know would be near impossible for me to do, today, then I will work for it until I can achieve the goal by the time the day comes of which I committed.
So get off your ass and set a goal and DO IT! It may seem daunting, but it’s actually rather simple. 80% of it is just in what you eat, and the remaining 20% is working out at least 30 minutes a day. That’s it. Everyone can do that, you just need to be mindful. Here is a link to 5 steps I wrote to make this easy. Let me know if you have any questions, I will always be of help to you. Just click “Contact” at the top of the page to do so.
My Tough Mudder experience:
- Tough Mudder: Who’s comin’ with me?? (ithoughtthiswouldbeeasier.com)
- Guess What We’re Doing? The Tough Mudder – 12 Miles in the Mud (2wired2tired.com)